Here are some things I’ve learned since becoming a mother:
- Before having kids you’ll say ‘when I have kids, I’ll never do that’. Then after kids, you’ll probably do it.
- Even neat freaks (ahem, me), will let their house get dirty after kids.
- You will ALWAYS have toys on the floor (see 2).
- Sometimes you just can’t remember when you showered or ate last (that usually means it’s about time).
- It is possible to be so frustrated and so in love with a human all in 2 minutes.
- You will be ‘mamarazzi ‘ taking a million photos of your baby. Trust me. Just don’t post them all. Yes your kid is cute, but only you want to see every move they make.
- You will see your husband in a different light.
- It’s amazing how many things you can do one handed while holding a child.
- Picking someone else’s boogers doesn’t seem gross to you.
- You never knew how ninja, stealth-like quiet you could be until your baby is napping.
Motherhood is an ever evolving, learning process. You learn from mistakes, you learn from others. It’s the best ride you’ll ever be on.